Job Title: Network Engineer
Worksite: 624 S Grand Ave., Suite 1710, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Work in collaboration with China Unicom America network development team and SE team to build and continuously optimize the network product processes and procedures in compliance with company headquarters’ (CHINA UNICOM) policy, standards and procedures to ensure the successful network operation both in China and worldwide.
- Provide technical support to procurement team regarding the projects of IP (IP Peering, IP Transit), Wavelength, Ethernet, MPLS-VPN, MVNO, IEPL, IPLE, SDH, SONET, DIA.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Conduct market analysis and technical evaluation of IT technology and technical trends to build and optimize the network products.
- Plan, verify and introduce new products and features into the company’s existing network system and product portfolio.
- Plan and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Work with company’s NOC team to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, network and system problems, replace defective components, and take measures to prevent unscheduled downtime/outages.
- Work with the company’s local SE team and product development team to create innovative, tailed solutions to help sales team cover their customer’s specific needs.
- Monitor network performance and respond timely to technical user problems and document repairs/services.
- Perform testing to verify security and system updates to ensure the quality of performance.
- Identify issues, trends, and opportunities to improve efficiency and/or quality, or to better assist users and report relevant information and recommendations to the Management.
- Review and analyze network product related contracts and make suggestions for the Management to consider in making decisions on network product related service and provision to maximize the benefits to the company.
- Work with the company’s customer care team to continuously develop and optimize the network product business customer care procedure and process.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Prepare network product specifications and internal manuals and cooperate with the marketing team to produce the marketing materials of network products.
Education: Master’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or closely related field
Special Skills and Requirements
- Proficiency in MySQL, Cisco System CiscoWorks, Adobe Systems Adobe Flash, Microsoft Windows Server, Excel, Nagios (gained from course study or via experience)
- Full Knowledge of Computers and Electronics, related Engineering and Technology, Telecommunications (gained from course study or via experience)
- Strong technical and analytical abilities in trouble shooting and problem solving (gained from course study or via experience)
Qualified candidates, please mail your resume to China Unicom (Americas) Operations Ltd. at 2355 Dulles Corner Blvd., Ste. 688, Herndon, VA 20171, Attn: HR